Atlanta Women for Equality is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit legal aid organization dedicated to empowering women students to assert their right to equal treatment using the law and to shaping our education system according to true standards of gender equity. We accomplish this mission by providing free legal advocacy for women and girls facing gender discrimination — in particular campus sexual violence — and by protecting and expanding educational opportunities through policy advocacy.
Thanks to our tax-exempt status, all donations we receive are tax-deductible.
- A Sex Discrimination Helpline to provide short-term legal assistance to women regarding sex discrimination at work or in school. Call (404) 624-6822 for more information. We serve Helpline callers by providing:
- Legal advice about the caller’s rights and available remedies,
- Referrals for community resources to address related, non-legal needs, and
- Assistance finding private attorneys for long-term representation.
- Our Campus Advocacy Program to offer education sessions for women in Georgia colleges and universities about sexual harassment and sexual assault on campus, referrals to support resources, and legal advocacy.
- A Student Internship Program to teach law students and undergrads how to fight sex discrimination and serve the public. Email your résumé to email@example.com to apply!
- Preparing and signing onto amicus curiae (“friend of the court”) briefs to support plaintiffs in cases that address cutting-edge legal issues in the fight for equality.
- Actively participating in public policy advocacy to fight sex discrimination, including speaking to a broad range of audiences, writing letters to public officials, and notifying the press about important legal issues.